Saturday night, I found myself with my mom at the marketplace buying tons of vegetables. With vegetables being sold at a very low price, we can’t help buying that much. So, I prepared a salad so late at night to chill for this morning’s brunch. (Sunday schedule won’t allow us to have a proper lunch so we always have our Sunday brunch very early in the morning.)
This is something I just came up with as I go along and its nothing special whatsoever but my family says (as they’re all bound to say) its yummy! Well my ate and her boyfriend are health nuts so they naturally like it. Nevertheless, I’m just too proud of myself as I don’t cook much but I made something like this so I thought I’ll share it here. 🙂
***All measurements are only approximates… I don’t think that needs any more explanations!
- 1/2 kilo baby potatoes
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 piece chicken breast
- 5 pcs calamansi
- 1 large tomato
- 1 purple onion
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash the potatoes and boil in salted water until you can easily pierce it with a fork. (Do not put too much salt. I put maybe around half a spoon of it.) Drain well.
- Boil the chicken in salted water until well cooked. Drain and shred.
- Toss together the calamansi juice, chopped celery and the chicken.
- Add diced tomato and finely chopped onion. (My onions are chopped into thin strips. Mainly because I want people to take notice of their presence. Haha!)
- Slice carrots into thin strips and blanch it together with the brocolli. Toss them into the salad.
- Add the baby potatoes. (I cut each in half and larger ones into quarters.)
- Add the olive oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Serve on top of the lettuce!
And voilà! That ends the premiere episode of my recipe posts 🙂